Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Youtube Ain't Easy.

It's 7am and I haven't been to bed. I've been waiting until everyone has gone to sleep so I can try to make my first youtube video, but it's so hard! You'd think it'd be easy, I thought it'd be easy! But, it's obviously not. I thought talking would be easy, but it's uncomfortable and awkward. I've done take after take, said 'um' and 'so' every five seconds, and erased every blasted video on my camera. This is hard stuff.

I honestly thought I could just sit down and have it done in no time, but you get in front of that camera and you don't know where to look, you don't know what to do with your hands, you feel too loud in the silent room, you forget what you're wanting to say, and your video is only 20 seconds long.

This is something I really want to do and I know they say "If it's hard, it's worth it." This had definitely be worth it. I know I'm not going to be perfect or professional on the first video, nobody ever is. But, I have to try. I have to get something decent out of myself and put my best foot forward. And if you're wanting to do the same thing, here's a few tips I've figured out.

Write down what you're going to say. If not, you're going to go blank.

Don't seem to fake. Make the camera a person and be yourself. If not, you're just going to look stupid.

Download Movie Maker. It's going to help you a lot.

It's okay to be nervous. One day, you'll be confident.

Now, I'm going to try again. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment