Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wal*Mart Haul.

So, I went to WalMart this past weekend and decided to pick up a few things. I was really in need of a good skin care routine, because (I'm going to be completely honest) I've never really had much of one before. I would sleep in my makeup and the best my face would get, was a quick scrub in the shower. That's basically it, and I know it's awful. But, change is good no matter how late, right?



Anyway, I picked up this Basis Face Cleanser. I didn't know it was a gel like consistency until I got to my car and really looked at the stuff. But, when I read it, I was ecstatic. And after using it? I was beyond satisfied. My face was clean and it didn't dry me out or cause any breakouts whatsoever. For $4, I can certainly say this will be in my skin care routine for a long while.

Okay, so I knew I needed an exfoliater. All that makeup was clogging my pores and making them look huge. I really liked the scrubblet and I figured, the beads and the brush would really get to working! And what do you know? I was right. I use the scrubblet with my Basis face cleanser, too. (I still use my fingers at the end, though.) This was around $4-5 and, in my eyes, worth every penny.

I've always been into masks, so I was excited to find this for around $2-3. I wasn't sure if it would be any good, but if it wasn't, I wouldn't be too far set back. It's supposed to purge your pores and I feel like it definitely does. I'm only going to use this once or twice a week as an all over mask, but I still use this every night. I just put it on my troubled spots (my zits and blackheads) and let it dry. I feel like it draws everything out and, I don't know. I just really like this. Especially the green color, it makes me feel like I should put cucumbers on my eyes!

In every skin care routine, you need a good moisturizer. Facial washes can dry your skin out, so you have to replenish it without clogging your pores. I know, nothing in my routine is the same brand, but it all seems to work. I especially love this. It was around $6 and I'm never going to switch. It gives me the moisture I need without breaking me out and making me oily. My skin absorbs this and it makes my pores appear smaller. I certainly recommend you buying this.

This bar of soap is also from Basis. It was around $2 but, I don't think I'll be buying it again. I got this for the shower, but it doesn't fit my soap dish. That part bugs me, but it isn't the worst. The smell is absolutely awful. In some weird way it reminds me of hay. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of a farm, but I don't want my face to smell like one. And the worst part is the dryness. I feel like this strips my face of its natural oils, so my face is dry and it sort of peels. I definitely won't be using this again.

*I wash my face in the morning and at night. I don't use the exfoliater in my morning routine, it's a once a day type of thing. Before washing my face at night, I use Clean & Clear's makeup wipes so I won't have to wash my face twice. This routine seems to work for me, but results may vary.


I've been in need of a good foundation for a while. I've lost my tan, so everything is way too dark, making my face and neck two different colors. I did some research and took a liking to Revlon's ColorStay. I'm in the color Buff for normal/dry skin. I've heard that it dries fast, so you have to work quickly, but I haven't noticed. I've also been told to apply this with a wet sponge or a stipple brush for more even coverage. I use a stipple brush anyway, but I picked up some sponges anyway just to test it out. I haven't gotten around to using them yet, so I don't know how well it works. But, like the bottle says, this foundation is long lasting. I usually sweat all of my makeup off, but when I go to remove it, it's still there on my makeup wipe. I'm not sure if I love this, but I definitely like it. I got this for about $12, which may seem steeper for drugstore brands, but for full coverage, it's not that bad.


I've also been needing a good powder and I love matte finishes. This powder is light and doesn't cake. I can apply as much as I want and still look flawless. And when I'm not going anywhere special, I can substitute this for liquid foundation and go out the door. For $8 you get a lot of product, a mirror, and a powder puff (which I threw away). I also want to try Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, so I'm not sure if I'll repurchase. But, if it didn't work out, I'd certainly switch back.


I am in love with this mascara. I spent $4 and it was the best $4 I ever spent. I won't go into full detail because I have already reviewed this product here.


Yes, I really need to sharpen this. But, it just shows how much I love this. It's Rimmel's Kohl Liner and it's amazing. It was kind of short, but it was only $3, which I was happy about. And don't think just because it was so cheap, it sucks. Because, it doesn't. It's the smoothest, creamiest liner I've ever used. And it's very pigmented. It's so black, I use a brush to lighten it up for day time looks. But, it still provides and amazing finishes. And it stays on your waterline for a decent about of time, too. Yeah, I have to reapply it, but only once or twice throughout my entire day and that's probably because my eyes water like no other. I don't see me getting any other liner for a good long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment