Friday, October 7, 2011

Don't Hate Me!

I know, I know! This blog is supposed to be all about drugstore products, but I caved! I was just so tired of "okay" foundations, I mean, who isn't? So, yes. I went to Macy's, walked to the MAC counter and purchased the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and the Mineral Skin Finish Powder. Let's not stop reading, okay? Let me explain.

 I've watched youtube for months straight. I don't think I go a day without watching at least one beauty guru. And in almost every video, I saw this pretty little powder. I knew MAC was pretty expensive, but I still wanted it. And if you knew me, you'd understand how tight I am with my money. If I spend $20 on a shirt or $30 on a purse, the next day I feel absolutely horrible. So, I didn't act on this on a whim. I don't have a lot of money to spend, so I'm pretty careful about what I buy.

Anyway, a week went by and I wanted this just as badly. And so, I bought it in Medium.This was around $27, very pricey compared to my $8 Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, but after just one use? Totally worth it I honestly recommend you saving money back and purchasing this product. You won't be sorry.


Like the powder, I wanted this just as badly. I was so sick of my Revlon Colorstay, it's not even funny. (If you'd like a review on that, I'd be glad to do it. Just comment below.) So, the lady at the counter matched me with NW20. The only downside is how small this is. It looked bigger in the youtube videos, but I have bigger hands, so that could be it. But, it's only 1 fluid once, I'm not sure how big my other foundations are, I'll have to look. (They all have the same amount, so that's good.)

But, it's okay because you honestly don't need a lot. The lady told me about the pumps for $7, but I had no problem pouring it on my hand, except that you can't. The product is so creamy, you really can't dispense it any other way. Right now I'm dipping my brush in it, but I'm picking up a pump today.

This foundation is medium to heavy coverage, which is amazing and my skin looks natural and flawless. This is going to be the first foundation I've ever finished. But, the smell is kind of overwhelming. I can't explain it, but it does get annoying. That's really the only downfall. And the price. But, like I said. Save your money up. It won't take that long to come up with $57. I know, I know. A lot for just two items, but it's amazing.

Don't think department store brands will take over my collection. I love my drugstore makeup and I have no problem with their eyeliners, shadows, mascaras, and blushes. But, I've come to find that when it comes to your face, extra money is kind of a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment